Who said you don’t need a primer? If you spend a lot of time on your makeup, and want it still look great after a night out with your friends, it doesn’t matter how expensive your foundation or other makeup, it won’t work without a primer. A primer is the one product that every makeup artist recommends to keep your makeup in place.
What is Makeup Primer?
A primer is a layer that you apply to your skin before applying makeup. It’s important to protect your ‘efforts’ in makeup. Primer is that insurance. A primer can smoothen the skin, even out skin tone, cover large pores, and fill in fine lines.
Is a Primer really that important?
Yes! You should reconsider if you have seen primers at the makeup counters but didn’t think that they made any difference. It is worth the extra cost of primers and it can make a huge difference in your makeup routine. This is something you won’t fully grasp until you try it. Never. It combines both skin care and cosmetics, which attracted professional to it. The skin will never feel or look better. How is this possible? Its ingredients are the key to its success. It doesn’t matter what skin problems you have, there is a primer that can help.
How to Apply Makeup Primer
If you are willing to include a primer in your makeup routine, here’s how to use it. These steps you need to follow to make your makeup last longer.
This is what exactly you need:
- A primer
- Clean fingers
1. Prepare your skin
This is a crucial step if your makeup needs to look flawless. After washing your face with a mild cleanser, exfoliate the skin and then apply a light moisturizer. Allow it to sink into your skin.
2. Apply primer
To even out your foundation primer, simply take a little bit of the primer on the back of your hands and apply it using your fingertips. Blend from your nose to the end. Your skin will appear more even-toned, luminous and your foundation will be better suited for it once it has been fully blended. Allow the primer to set for a few minutes before applying your foundation. This will allow the primer to absorb and smoothen the skin. If you prefer to keep things simple, you can use the primer without foundation.
The appearance of pores and fine lines will be visible. It can also reduce redness and smoothen the skin’s texture.
Tips: Make the Most of Your Primer
These are some tips and tricks to help you use your primer perfectly.
- Primers are all about less. One drop of raisin-sized primer will do its work. For even coverage, rub it on the skin throughout.
- Before applying primer, do not forget to moisturize.
- Tinted primers can bring some life and glow to dull skin.
- Make sure that your primer matches your foundation. Water-based primers should be used with a water-based foundation. Silicone-based primers should be used with the same foundations. This will keep your base from separating.
- Primer should be applied around the eyes, and also on the lids. It absorbs oils to prevent makeup from creasing or smudging. It softens the appearance of crow’s feet.
How do I choose the right primer for my skin type?
Before you go out to purchase a primer, make sure you know your skin type. You don’t want the wrong one. Here are some tips to help you do this.
- Choose a hydrating primer if you have dry, flaky skin. You should look for words such as “soothing”, “hydrating,” or “replenishing.”
- Use a mattifying primer if your skin is oily. This will reduce oil production and minimize shine.
- Water-based primers are better for sensitive or acne-prone skin than silicone-based. Silicone-based primers can clog pores, cause irritation and even cause breakouts.
- For mature or aged skin, use a primer that contains nourishing ingredients.
You can also try it before you buy. Sephora allows you to pick up samples of primers that you are interested in by walking into the store. It takes some trial and error to find the best primer.