No matter what your opinion may be about colder weather, we simply love this time of year because we get so many wear out of my boots. While our collection has grown over the last year (cowboy boots and chunky platform boots), we still have a lot of styles that we believe will be timeless in 2022.
Some may choose to go with a new set of trends for the New Year, but we believe that it doesn’t make sense to fix something that isn’t broken. Below are six trends that we think have been doing the fashion trend set well. After chatting with our editors, they were able to agree. The temperatures in January and February tend to be lower than December, so if your winter boots aren’t on the list, you should start searching. We have gathered the top trends and shopped the best available on the market so you can browse through them to find the right pair.
Scroll down to see our favorite boots for the coming year, as well as outfit and shopping ideas.
Reach for new heights as you enter 2022. This past year platform boots have been a dominant trend, but there is still room for more. It doesn’t matter if you prefer a thick flatform, or a more risky platform. Why not dare to try it?
- Steve Madden Cobra Boot ($170)
- H&M Platform Chelsea Style Boots ($50)
- Dr. Martens Jadon Lace Up Boots ($200)
- Zara Platform Leather High Heel Ankle Boots ($299)
Sock boots from the ’90s
Is it possible for fashion designers to stop being inspired by the ’90s? It’s unlikely. Although sock boots are a timeless style, we believe that the fit leather versions have more staying power.
- Nomasei Twist Stretch Boots Black ($635)
- BY FAR Edie Nude Leather ($640)
- Jeffrey Campbell Maximal Knee-High Boot ($275)
- Steve Madden Steve Madden Magnifico Boot ($130)
Our fellow editors were kind enough to give their opinions on boots. Editor in Chief told us that flat boots would continue to be popular. They are more sophisticated than chunky lug soles and she said that they were an antidote for them.
- Raya Bootie ($139)
- Zara Flat Elastic Ankle Boots ($50)
- Wandler Chunky Leather Ankle Boot ($438)
- Dr. Martens Flora Chelsea boot in Black ($150)
People have said that Western boots are a passing fad. We disagree. They instantly add a cool element to any outfit. They are a great addition to any outfit. We have worn them non-stop for years and will continue to wear them.
- Jeffrey Campbell Dagget Western Boot ($260)
- Mango Cowboy Leather Boots ($200)
- Zara Split Leather Heeled Cowboy Ankle Boots ($90)
- Isabel Marant Denvee Boots ($990)
Riding boots have been a wardrobe staple for many years, but it was easy to forget the timeless style. The fashion world quickly shifted their attention back to the sleek silhouette and it looks like they will be in the spotlight for 2022.
- Sam Edelman Fable Tall Riding Boot ($156)
- Mango Leather Boots with Tall Leg ($230)
- Zara riding boots ($80)
- London Fog Noble High Riding Boot ($90)
One of our coworkers is passionate about her shoes and told us that pointed-heeled boots are a trend that will be embraced by everyone. It gives boots a unique edge that other styles don’t have.
- H&M Pyramid-Heel Boots ($50)
- Arqa Stiletto Heel Mid-Calf Boots Stiletto Heel Boot ($60)
- Schutz Magalli Knee High Boot ($238)
- Cate Knee High Boot ($159)