For those who are embarrassed about their stomach, there are many stylish options to cover it. It’s not easy for many people to lose weight around their midsection. If you want to slim down discreetly, it helps to know what to look out for when shopping.
No matter what your body type is, there are times when we feel self-conscious. Learning styling tips can help you feel more confident in your clothes.
So if you feel self-conscious about how your stomach looks, it can ruin your shopping experience. We’ve packed this feature with our top tips on how to choose the perfect summer dress to conceal a belly so you can shop confidently. Instead of focusing on hiding your stomach, think about how you can draw attention to your best assets. Apple bodies tend to have a large bust, a small waist, and slim arms and legs. So far, so gorgeous. The only thing that makes apples different from the hourglass body shape is the less defined waist. We have many ideas to help you with this.
Remember, your appearance shouldn’t be affected by a stubborn midsection or any other body issue.
THE BEST DRESSES FOR HIDING A TUMMY
- Wrap: A wrap dress flatters all body types. It is a staple in any capsule wardrobe, and Kate Middleton swears by it. The well-cut wrap dress will flatter your top and skim over your middle. They are well-suited for larger busts and will also boost smaller cups. Wrap dresses with soft draping detail or ruffles in the front will provide more coverage.
- Empire line: If you want to hide your stomach, empire lines are a great choice. They give the illusion of a larger waistline by drawing the eye to your smallest part of your body. The rest of your dress should be a fitted A-line or flared fit that drapes over the stomach.
- Trapeze: You don’t need to be intimidated by the name. Trapeze dresses don’t have to look tent-like. You should choose a style that flows out from your hips once the dress has passed your armpit. This will give you a bit more definition in your bustline before it starts to fill out. Because it doesn’t adhere to your body, this shape is great for hiding a tummy. It’s also very comfortable. A shorter style is best for petite shoppers. The dress should not exceed the knee. Midi trapeze dresses are more affordable for taller customers. This style is not for the faint-hearted.
- Ruching: Ruched details and gathering at the midsection of a dress are clever ways to conceal a stomach. Soft drapery and subtle puckering can be a flattering way of hiding your middle. If it starts at the waist, it can create the illusion that you have a smaller waist.
- Printed: Do not be afraid to use patterns and prints. A busy print can be used as a disguise and conceals many insecurities. It also helps to conceal a tummy. You can also inject vibrant colors into your wardrobe by wearing print.
- Illusion paneling: Illusion gowns are a sleek and stylish way to hide your stomach and create hourglass curves. Block coloring is used to create illusion dresses. The central panel runs through the front (and sometimes back) of the dress. The illusion of a slimmer silhouette and a more defined waistline is created by the central block panel. It cuts vertically through the body, creating a vertical cut and enhancing curves.
- Higher waistlines: While it can be tempting for you to choose dresses with little shape to conceal your stomach, when dressing to conceal a tummy, you need to have some shaping and tailoring. You should not allow horizontal detailing to run across your stomach. However, you should invest in tailored, even shift, dresses with a higher waistline. You will feel more confident if you wear a well-tailored gown.