HOW TO CREATE A SPRING CAPSULE WARDROBE
Spring is the perfect time to organize your spring capsule wardrobe. Follow our guide to organize your spring and summer clothes. Now it’s time for you to make your spring capsule wardrobe.
It can be very unpredictable in spring. You can pack away bulky knits and puffer jackets until fall but you still need jackets and light layering pieces on those warmer days.
You will need the following for your spring capsule wardrobe:
- T-shirts: You can choose from white or neutral colors in v-neck or crewneck shirts, depending on your body type.
- The dresses are versatile and can be worn for any occasion, including work days or drinks. They also make a great choice for a first date.
- Outerwear: You will need a trench coat, a jacket made of denim or a leather jacket to get through spring. Layers of light layers will keep you cool and stylish.
- Knitwear: Pastel hued cotton knits are a great way to invest in knitting. For style and comfort, choose between cropped, flattering waists and relaxed-fitted oversized sweaters.
- Jeans: For warmer weather, embrace straight leg jeans that reach the ankle and mom jeans for a flattering look.
- Skirts: Maxi and midi skirts in bright, seasonal florals.
- Shoes: Although capsule wardrobes focus on timeless styles, the 2022 shoe trends are consistent in terms of the quality and style of the shoes. Pair them with your best jeans or dresses and choose sporty sandals, such as gladiator or sporty style sandals. To reflect the sun, opt for a metallic block heel and ankle boots as your go-to footwear. For something more formal, consider leather loafers in tan for an elegant look.
- Bags: The 2022 handbag trends are all about brightly colored arm candy. But if you want timeless styles that you can wear over and over again, choose classic tan in timeless silhouettes like the tote bag or cross-body camera bags.
- Jewellery: Think light and rose gold jewelry as spring arrives. These styles will catch the sun’s rays beautifully. Layer on the stacking rings, fine chains and boho-inspired dresses to make them stand out.
- Sunglasses: Make sure you have the best sunglasses to protect your eyes and look fashionable as the weather gets warmer.
HOW TO CREATE A CAPSULE WARDROBE IN SUMMER
Light layers are a better transition than winter to spring when it comes to summer capsule wardrobes. Although spring can be unpredictable (April showers anyone?), summer is generally a time of rising temperatures and sunny days. We need to adapt our wardrobes accordingly. This change can be made quickly by choosing natural, breathable fabrics. You should be looking out for cotton and linen in both separates and coords. Changing your office attire to linen blazers or tailored linen sets will keep you fresh while at work. While floaty silhouettes will allow for more airflow and breeze, linen and cotton are the key textiles.
You should have versatile pieces for your summer capsule wardrobe that can be worn for many occasions. For example, linen trousers can be dressed up with a blouse for work or down with a tee for weekends. A pretty floral-printed dress that can be worn to friend’s weddings and to go to the races is a great option.
Your summer capsule wardrobe can also double up as a holiday capsule wardrobe. This will allow you to save money on each wear. For hot holidays, T-shirts, maxi dresses, and maxi skirts as well as oversized and denim cut offs are all great options.
You will need the following for your summer capsule wardrobe:
- T-shirts: Get the best white tees to instantly refresh your spring wardrobe. White is a reflective color, so a white T-shirt can keep you cool on hot days. You can pair it with almost everything in your summer wardrobe. For layering under slip dresses and tucking into skirts, you can choose from a variety of fitted t-shirts as well as looser fits for breathability. A stylish half-tuck can help you regain your figure and keep cool in a baggy shirt.
- Midi dresses: The perfect summer dress is a midi, especially in a figure-flattering A line shape. The best midi dresses are perfect for any occasion, from a wedding dress to an evening out at the theatre. For a casual occasion, dress them up with jewelry from top brands or wear them down with a jacket made of denim.
- Outerwear: Since it’s summer, we recommend that you banish any outerwear beyond September. However, even in the summer months, it is possible to get soaked by a downpour. We recommend that you have a waterproof jacket, such as the pac-amac, for when you are heading to summer festivals. Also, a lightweight summer layering piece, a denim jacket.
- Knitwear: Keep a light cotton cardigan on hand for summer mornings and evenings. To give a nod towards the warmer weather, choose pastels and whites. For a more flattering silhouette, opt for a cropped silhouette to show off your waist.
- Jeans: Jeans can get too hot in the summer. If that is you, it might be worth switching up and investing in a denim short or denim skirt. White jeans and denim shorts are two other options that can be worn with jean-based outfits in summer. Denim shorts are great for weekend wear or as a beach cover-up over your bikini or swimsuit.
- Trousers, shorts and pants: The summer staple of your wardrobe, cotton and linen shorts and trousers are lighter building blocks to your wardrobe. Natural, breathable fabrics will keep you cool and look effortlessly fashionable. Although linen trousers may require extra care due to the fact that they can crease, they are definitely worth investing in for your summer wardrobe. Start with neutral basics, then add color to spice up your wardrobe.
- Skirts: Skirts offer more breathability during the summer months, which is obvious. To achieve a cool and light finish, swap out pencil skirts with A-line designs. Natural fabrics are better for trousers. For a fashion-forward twist, swap darker black for lighter neutrals. Look to floral prints and tiered boho-inspired silhouettes to add a fashionable touch to your look.
- Shoes: The sun is shining so let your feet shine. Summer is all about sandals. These can be anything from simple flip-flops to elegant strappy styles that are perfect for summer parties and weddings. You can wear your summer work outfits in trendy loafers or smarter sandals depending on what job you have. For a refreshing look, try white plimsolls.
- Bags: A bag is not going to change with the seasons, especially if it’s a bag you can use all year. You will be traveling abroad during the summer, or spending days on the coast. Make sure you have a beach bag that is on-trend.
- Jewelry: These are the same as spring jewelry. You’ll want to keep your boho-inspired stacking rings, necklaces and rings, as well as an anklet, in your collection. They pair well with the new season sandals.
- Sunglasses: Designer sunglasses are in high demand as we approach May/June. Sunglasses are a great way to make a statement and add style to any outfit. There are many sunglasses trends for 2022 that will suit every face shape.
HOW TO CREATE A CAPSULE WARDROBE FOR A BEACH HOLIDAY
You’ve been there. When you get to the airport, you realize that you have overpacked. It’s important to plan your summer vacation with a capsule wardrobe, as many airlines are now charging luggage fees.
There is no set number of essentials that you should have in your holiday capsule wardrobe. This is similar to your main wardrobe. This analysis will be based on a week spent abroad, which will include both tourist activities and dining out.
You will need the following for your holiday capsule wardrobe:
- T-shirts: Avoid wearing t-shirts while on holiday, especially if they are white. You will need at least five t-shirts if you plan on wearing shorts or skirts for seven days. It is not a good idea to take your favorite t-shirts with you on vacation. The combination of suncream and sand can cause serious damage to your white tees. Even budget-friendly brands offer sustainable-sourced cotton T-shirts. This means you don’t need to compromise on your green values.
- Dresses: The perfect dress for alfresco dining is the midi dress. There are plenty of summer-ready options in the shops. Bright colors and striking prints are the best way to create a holiday mood. A white midi dress can be worn towards the end of your holiday to highlight your tan. Maxi dresses made from jersey or cotton are perfect for daywear. They can also be worn over your swimsuit if it’s a long trip to the pool or beach. They can be worn with sandals to make a stylish sightseeing outfit. You will be protected from the sun’s rays by the longer length.
- Travel clothes: As you can reuse the same outfit for the return trip, you will only need one outfit.
- Long-haul flights: You might be comfortable wearing your favorite loungewear. However, you may want to bring a light dress to change into at the airport. Jersey maxi dresses can be worn casually and comfortably to get you on your way. These dresses look great, and they will make you feel like a million bucks.
- Denim: For hot holidays, you should leave your favourite slimming jeans behind. A pair of great denim shorts is the best option if you are looking for denim you can wear on the beach. These shorts make a great beach cover-up. You can pair them with your favorite swimsuit or bikini, or with a oversized cotton shirt.
- Trousers or shorts: Only cotton and linen trousers should be in your holiday wardrobe. Chiffon palazzo pants are a good choice for evening wear. To reflect the sun and keep cool, choose relaxed shapes in lighter colors. You can relax and enjoy the freedom of elasticated waists. If you prefer dressier pants for dinner, floaty Palazzo points are a great option. Pair it with a matching or coordinating camisole, or an embellished Kaftan for a chic finish.
- Skirts: A lightweight maxi or A-line skirt silhouettes work well for everyday wear. Prints can be directional, but for pieces that you can use year after year, choose neutral colors that will go with everything.
- We guarantee that you won’t need as many shoes while on holiday as you think. Wear your sightseeing pair in plain shoes (such as trainers, plimsolls) and pack flip flops for the pool, sandals for everyday, and a pair each of flats or heels. The rest can be left at home.
- Bags: You don’t have to take all your bags with you on holiday, just like shoes. A large tote bag that doubles up as a beach bag can be paired with a crossbody bag you can use for dinner and sightseeing.
- Jewelry: It’s tempting to wear it on vacation with a lot of layered chains and bangles, but the truth is that it can add bulk to your look and not be very comfortable. Metal jewelry can become increasingly hot during the day. Big bangles are great, but you don’t have to do the window dressing. You can keep it simple and let your accessories take the week off.
- Sunglasses: This is the one thing you must not forget. You don’t have to be a sun-spotter. If you are, pack some super cheap but UV-protected sunglasses. If you don’t want to be bothered by the trends in sunglasses and our guide on which sunglasses are best for you, then consider investing in the best.
- Swimwear: Make sure you always have at least one piece of great swimwear in your summer wardrobe. As we approach peak summer, you can always top up or switch out depending on the swimwear trends 2022, but you should have at least one great piece of swimwear in your wardrobe.