Are you curious about the biggest Fall 2022 fashion trends? Even though it’s bikini season right now, fashion insiders already look forward to next season. The best pieces are usually arriving in July.
It’s clear that designers are embracing their creativity again after two years of uncertainty. The key fashion trends for 2022 show this. Maximalists will be well-served for Fall 2022 with statement coats in leather and sequins as well as head-to-toe looks in leather and leather. However, that doesn’t mean that minimalists won’t have key pieces – those looking to bolster their capsule wardrobes will find key pieces in leather trousers, cozy knits, and the most stylish blazers in the new season edits.
Fashion lovers are most excited about fall and winter trends. With a back-to school feel, this is a great opportunity to get a new fashion start. Get your notebooks ready!
It’s easy to get excited about a new season, but when it comes time to invest in style to update your wardrobe think about which trends will work for you and how they can be integrated into your existing wardrobe.
If you don’t love a particular trend, you can experiment with lengthening the sleeves or drawing in the waistline with a belt to make it work.
Fashion is supposed be joyful and we can finally dress up in our favorite clothes with somewhere other than the living area!
You thought that sequins were only for Christmas? Think again. Shiny paillettes are back, and they’re literally everywhere. High shine fashion looks featuring sequins were the AW 2022 trends that emerged from the runways. This isn’t the trend for shrinking violets.
Farrah May Archer, Styling Team Leader at Stitch Fix UK, comments that sequin pieces are the ultimate way to express your style.
“My customers are always asking me for bold, daring items to add their closets. Everyone looks amazing in sequins. Therefore, I recommend Whistles British clothing brands to anyone who wants to stand out. They offer a variety of modern styles, from simple to bold.”
We often believe that sequinned items should be kept in the attic and not used for office Christmas parties. Actually, I believe the exact opposite. I prefer to wear sequins as a subtle touch of glitter in every day looks. This look is easy to achieve by choosing accessories that have some sequin detail.
A sequin piece is a statement in itself, so I recommend a bright and bold short sequin dress for special occasions. For a subtler approach to the trend, you can pair a simple sequin top with a denim jean, or a colorful skirt and a shoe.
WHAT TO BUY:
- Sequin dresses: Once reserved for December parties, now sequins can be worn all year. Light-hued discs are best and you can experiment with how to dress down your glittering gown. Learn how to style a denim jacket and party dress with white trainers for extra versatility.
- Sequin skirt: A-line sequins are a versatile addition to any wardrobe. They’re great for those last-minute party planning moments. For laid-back glamour, pair with a silky camisole and your finest cashmere sweater.
- Sequin accessories: For a subtle touch of sparkle, add a few sequins to your outfit. Glitzy shoes or a shimmering crossbody bag will elevate even the most basic outfits and add a touch of sparkle.
Although it might have seemed like fashion was dead for two years now, the time we spend not dressing up has had a significant impact on our tastes. Many of us now love our best joggers. They were once only for sofa surfing or working out. Designers are paying attention. Prada in Italy and Tory Burch in America showed Sports Luxe, which was part of the Fall 2022 fashion trends. These included shell jackets and joggers as well as sporty singlet vests. Also, there were bowling bag-shaped top handle leather bags. This is part of the handbag trends 2022. The long-awaited collaboration between Gucci & Adidas was revealed. It featured nostalgic designs and a modern twist on Adidas’ iconic triple stripe motif.
WHAT TO BUY:
- Track jacket: This season, track jackets are the new trend. For a nod back to the seventies, you can find colored piping details, logos, and knitted fabrics that are inspired by sports stars of the 1970s.
- Side stripes: They can be found down the leg or sleeves of a trouser, jacket, or dress neckline. This is a great way of showing your support for the sports luxe trend.
- Luxe trackpants: Paula suggests this season’s trackpant updates: “Swap your favorite cotton blendeds for silk or tow” To transform the look from track-side into trend, pair your favorite designer heels with it.
SHADES OF CARAMEL
Spring/Summer runways were filled with mood-boosting brights, also known as dopamine dressing. Bright colors brought lots of joy, but it’s time for cooler months to bring in some spme caramel-inspired colours. The trend was embraced by the runways, but the easiest way to implement this trend is to wear a classic camel jacket. Max Mara’s belted wool-camel coat is timeless and a staple in every fashion insiders’ wardrobe.
Paula states that “camel shades are synonymous with chic.” For a more sophisticated look, follow Rosie Huntington Whiteley’s style advice and pair them with similar colors such as cream, beige and off-white. This will give your outfit a more expensive look. For a runway-worthy look, finish your outfit with neutral accessories.
WHAT TO BUY:
- Camel coat: A camel coat can be worn over any outfit to instantly make you feel more organized. This is the one piece your dream capsule wardrobe needs.
- Camel cashmere: The crew neck cashmere sweater. This neutral color goes well with any color, from blue jeans to smart work trousers.
- Camel shoes: This chic color is almost nude and makes a great addition to any shoe collection. The caramel color will go well with any outfit, whether you choose leather court shoes or ballerina pumps. These will be a great addition to your 2022 shoe shopping list.
The new season brings leather to life. Look to Fall 2022 for inspiration. Bottega Veneta walked the catwalk in full-length skirts, trousers, and trenches. Chloe, fashion editor favourite, showed many looks, including a statement look with head to toe leather, and Isabel Marant, a French designer, showed beautiful leather dungarees. Prada’s fuchsia belted-leather trench in fuchsia was the star of the show. It proved that dopamine dressing doesn’t have any future and set the tone for fashion color trends 2022.
Farrah May advises that leather is both elegant and sophisticated. We’ve recently seen Julia Fox, a celebrity, style a runway of all-black leather looks. An excellent leather item can transform any outfit. This timeless fabric can be worn in many different ways and, if well cared for, can last a lifetime.
Are you sceptical about a full-leather look? If in doubt, you can invest in leather accessories that can be worn throughout the year. A versatile, ’90s-styled leather shoulder bag in hot pink is my pick. You don’t need to have black leather!
For a full-leather look, a leather shirt can be worn with leather trousers or a pencil skirt. For a dramatic look, you can add a trench or your best jacket made of leather to the same skin as the temperature drops.
WHAT TO BUY:
- Leather shirt: For Fall, swap your cotton button down shirt for a leather one. For a runway-worthy look, button it up to the collar and tie it with leather trousers or a skirt.
- Leather trousers: Once associated with motorbikes or racy fetish wears, leather trousers are now a staple wardrobe item. They can be found in many different cuts, including tight-fitting leggings, jeans, and culottes.
- The timeless trench coat in leather: The leather trench is the perfect choice. The next season will see it receive a modern makeover in leather. Choose muted tones like black, navy, or khaki. If you feel brave, Miuccia Prada suggests hot pink.