Simply put, sensitive skin means that your skin is more likely to experience dryness, itching, breakouts, or rashes. Although it is easy to recognize, sensitive skin can be hard to treat. Many products will only make the problem worse. Although it is difficult to avoid irritation from environmental factors such as sun exposure, temperature changes, and pollution, it is possible to support the skin’s natural barrier so it can stay healthy and free of problems. We found top picks for moisturizers that are non-irritating and will soothe your skin and prevent irritation.
If you have sensitive skin, search for moisturizers that contain soothing, hydrating, natural ingredients like: Aloe Vera, Hyaluronic Acid, Salicylic Acid, Lactic Acid, and CBD Oatmeal. Look for formulas that contain fewer ingredients, and stay away from any products that could irritate the skin such as Alcohol, Fragrance, AHAs and BHAs (Glycolic Acid Salicylic Acid and Lactic Acid).
Which moisturizers are considered to be the best? We prepared a list of TOP 8 products that you can easily find in the pharmacy or Sephora.
- REN Clean Skincare Evercalm Overnight Repair Balm This Recovery Balm is for extremely dry or damaged skin. This velvety balm is a combination of oil-derived oils, Jojoba Oil and Sunflower Oil which strengthen the skin’s natural barrier. It instantly soothes and replenishes. It is free from alcohol and fragrance and absorbs quickly into the skin, without sticking.
- Kate Somerville Goat Milk Moisturising cream is specially formulated for sensitive skin types. It works in harmony to the skin’s natural barrier, helping to reduce dryness and repair damaged skin. This cooling cream uses Aloe Vera and Lactose from Goat Milk to soothe irritations and restore a healthy complexion. Vitamin E and Grape Seed Oil are rich in antioxidants that protect the skin from environmental aggressors.
- CeraVe Hyaluronic Acid Skin Serum is a cooling gel-cream that soothes sensitive skin. The combination of ceramide, Hyaluronic acid, and Vitamin rich formula binds water on the skin’s surface to increase moisture retention. This prevents dryness and supports the natural barrier against irritation. It is suitable for both sensitive and blemish-prone skin.
- Origins Dr. Andrew Weil for Origins Mega-Mushroom Relief & Resilience Soothing Lotion is an alcohol- and paraben-free formula that uses superfoods like Fermented Chaga and Reishi to balance the skin’s pH. It keeps it nourished and comfortable. The lightweight moisturising lotion melts into the skin and helps to reduce redness.
- SVR SensifineAR Anti-Redness + Rosacea cream SPF50+. This moisturising cream is designed for Rosacea and other skin types that are prone to redness. It targets skin sensitivity and soothes, leaving it feeling calm and comfortable. The unique Endothelvol ingredient is added to the formula. It targets redness due to fine blood vessels and excessive heat.
- Avene Hydrance Intense Hydrating Serum for Dry Skin. This Rehydrating serum is infused with ultra-hydrating Avene thermal spring water. It locks in moisture for as long as 24 hours and helps to reduce irritation caused by dryness. This soothing Serum is suitable even for sensitive skin and softens and supports the complexion to give it a radiant finish.
- La Roche-Posay Toleriane Sensitive fluid Moisturiser is light and oil-free. It melts into skin and instantly hydrates and relieves sensitivity. The formula has been dermatologically tested and contains Thermal Spring Water, which is rich in antioxidants. This protects the skin from environmental aggressors like pollution and weather changes that can dry out the skin.
- Kiehl’s Ultra Facial cream. Rich, luxurious Facial Cream by Kiehl’s contains Squalene. It also has water-retaining glacial glycoprotein that protects the skin from harsh temperatures. This replenishing cream provides all-day hydration, leaving the skin feeling softened and soothed.