Summer nail colors are the perfect finishing touch to a summer outfit. These bold colors are perfect for any style, no matter if your nails have been painted or gelled.
Are you unsure where to begin? You can choose from acrylic or gel manicures, learn how to DIY manicures, or just get started with gel nails. You will look great with the right summer nail design in a flattering color.
It can be difficult to decide what shade will work for you, with so many options. We’ve tested the most popular shades from trend-setting brands such as Chanel and Dior, plus favorites from drugstores Rimmel or Essie to discover the best summer nail colours for everyone.
WHAT COLORS ARE IN 2022’S SUMMER NAIL COLORS
Krisztina van der Boom, co-founder of DryBy, says that nail care is all about natural beauty and nail health. Customers prefer natural looking nails with no accents or nail art. Don’t worry. According to experts, Summer 2022 will have many trends to offer.
- Monochrome: Both men and women will be wearing monochrome in 2022. Lou Stokes, an ORLY expert says that all short and well-maintained nails can look sophisticated.
- Summer pastels: Tinu Bello, Mylee Senior Brand Ambassador, says that pastels are a summer staple. They can be bold, complex, and elegant when paired with nudes. You can also try a reverse French manicure, where you paint a pastel line along the cuticle curve. If you’re feeling creative, swirls of pastel can be a great way for your favorite colors to shine through.
- Vivid brights: We are looking for bright, bold colors this summer. I love the bold designs and prints that my clients love for a summery vibe mani. “This summer, it’s important to go from natural muted colors to bright sunset orange,” Chaun Legend, Nail Artist in Residence at Lottie London.
- The nail art for pediment will be simple and graphic. Alex Fox, Editor in Chief of Scratch, says that nail art will be minimalist. The baby French mani, a perennial favorite, also features. “French will be seen in many ways, from a thin line to doubled up to sensational colors tips.”
- Y2K nails: “As nostalgia for the ’00s continues to roar on, so do Y2K nails. For a fun and unique look, you can add smiley faces, flowers or hearts to your nails. Stokes says bright colors are important so grab your favourite neon pinks, brightblues, and eye-catching Yellows.
SUMMER NAIL COLORS THAT WE LOVE NOW
1. DIOR VERNIS IN MIRAGE
This vibrant Mirage shade makes a great choice for bright colors. All shades of Dior Vernis have a high shine finish and a gel effect that lasts. This formula, while it may be more expensive due to Dior branding, is one of our most durable and glossiest on the list. It will give you a manicure that lasts for years. This shade can be used over neutral shades or dotted above a neutral base to create a subtler look.
2. MANUCURIST NAIL POOL IN GOLD SAND
This eco-friendly beauty brand is a favorite of ours. It’s gentle on the earth and your nails. All of the manicurist products are made with up to 84% biosourced ingredients. They are completely vegan and cruelty free. Gold Sand has a shimmery, high-pigment finish that is perfect for summer nights.
3. NAILBERRY 5 FREE BREATHABLE LUXURY LUXURY POLISH IN CHERRY CHERIE
This vibrant nail color was a favorite of ours. It glides on smoothly and lasts a long time, even with heavy-duty activities such as washing up and boxercise classes. It is lightweight and breathable which makes it easier to remove and leaves nails looking healthier and happier. We will definitely be purchasing the 15 other shades in this range.
4. SALLY HANSEN COMPLETE SALON MANICURE IN COMMANDER IN CHIC
Nude shades don’t have to be reserved for cooler seasons. Natural shades are great for summer nails and can be used to complement darker skin tones and a bronze glow. Sally Hansen’s neutral shade is great for everyday wear. The formula is super chip-resistant, and provides a gel-like effect that protects and nourishes nails. To achieve opaque coverage, we found that three coats was better than two. There are 17 shades available, so you can choose a brighter shade for summer.
5. LE MINI MACARON GEL POLICISH IN MILKSHAKE
The opaque white shade has gained a loyal following due to its unique formula, which glides on smoothly and lasts. This polish is part of le Mini Macaroni, a top-quality at-home gel nail kit that has a gel formula that can withstand chips. This polish also cures in 30 seconds. The bright white shade is currently only available in the UK, but you can find other shades in this range in the US for $12 per 10ml.
6. NAILS INC NAIL PUBLISHING IN WALKER’S COURT
Nails Inc’s statement shade is a perfect choice for achieving the bright, bold trend. It’s easy to apply with the wide-hugging brush. This shade is great for holiday manicures and can also be used on your toes for pedicures. We found this shade to be a good option for those who don’t like it too much. It can also be used to accent natural manicures with a few dots of neon tips.
7. CHANEL LES VERNIS LONGWEAR NAIL COLOR IN ROUGE NOIR
Jennifer Lopez’s chic black nails with a neat shape are proving that darker nails are still fashionable. This shade is more commonly associated with winter, but Chanel Rouge Noir, a classic with a warm reddish tint, makes it an all-year-round favorite. Chanel polishes are more expensive than others, but they have a high-shine finish and easy-glide-on formula that make them well worth it.
8. ESSIE NAIL LACQUER COCKTAIL BLING
This gray-verging-on-lavender shade is a really versatile color that can work day and night, with a high-shine finish and brush to suit all nail sizes for easy application. This glossy gray is less muted, making it a great summer nail color for those who like a more minimalistic look. This is a sophisticated way to go with the pastel nail trend.